Friday, October 14, 2022

The Product of a Slow Period of Painting

A quick show and tell.  The quantity of which will reveal that not a lot of paining has taken place recently.  I'll blame Jonathan at Palouse Wargaming Journal for keeping me too occupied with his excellent Solferino game.  Though I know that the fault lies only with me.

Three 6mm Hungarian infantry for the War of Austrian Succession and/or Seven Years War.  They are Baccus miniatures.  They are excellent casts.  If anything, they are too good and can draw the painter in to spending too much time on them.  I have to remind myself to paint them like a 6mm not a 15 or 28mm figure.

Don't look too closely!

I paint for my table top not for display... you have been warned.



On top of that I've completed three 2mm churches from Brigade Models Normandy range.


There you have it!

Short and sweet.


15 comments:

  1. Your 6s look great, Richard! I get the blame for a lot of things but affecting painting productivity? Hmm. Anyway, we are wargamers we should be wargaming as our first duty, no?

    Happy to see the Solferino game drew you in. Very rewarding to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan. I have to confess my painting has always been slow. I am certainly at the want to play more end of the hobby spectrum.

      Delete
  2. At least there is some output Richard, and very nice it is too. I have often been tempted by the Bacchus figures, but have yet to succumb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Lawrence, something is better than nothing. Baccus are lovely, yet so easy to take too long over them.

      Delete
  3. They look pretty good to me Richard, considering how small they are! I can understand your "complaint" about them being TOO good though, that can be a distraction, I agree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith. Though, better more detail on the castings than less. Or is level of miniature detail for wargaming a topic of conversation?

      Delete
  4. Fine work there Richard. With my 10mm figures I too often have to remember to paint the unit and not the figure, which is easier said than done. Once into the groove of things I do tend to worry less about parts that I might have missed, but will never be seen when on the table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve. You are right I need to find my painting groove. I do tend to never paint everything anyway eg on my 28mm French Rev grognards, I never paint piping on lapels, cuffs or even the rossettes etc and who notices? No one!

      Delete
  5. They look pretty good to me! 'Paint the Unit' is certainly the way to go..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely looking terrain and Hungarians in blue trousers, Richard. All the more impressive in this scale!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great Richard and definitely worth a closer look!
    Those buildings are superb. Are they really only 2 mm?!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete