Sunday, April 21, 2024

FPW Infantry and Guns

Some additions to feed into the Franco-Prussian War collection.

First up, an imperial French line infantry unit.  The figures are from Eagle Miniatures. I like these. The lads at the company are helpful, and you can buy the figures individually.

Next are two mitrailleuse. Figures and guns I believe are from Irregular Miniatures.

Finally, two French 4 pounder guns. These bad boys come from Essex Miniatures.

I still have a couple of French infantry units to finish before I move onto I do not know what. Perhaps some Prussian artillery... I am as much in the dark on this as you are!!!  I'll see where my fancy takes me.


19 comments:

  1. Lovely work on these Richard and single 15mm figures in this day and age....I like the sound of Eagle Miniatures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith. I like that too. Buying what I need without acquiring a mountain of surplus metal.

      Delete
  2. Top work Rich. I hope to see those Mitrallise guns in our next FPW game? Hint? Hint?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Richard. I still have a soft spot for Essex and have a few armies in the queue ahead of me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Eagle figures a lot! Fine brushwork, Richard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jonathan. They are nice figures and easy to paint. The range is limited, but they did say that they are looking to expand.

      Delete
  5. Great looking FPW French, Richard! I do love their red trousers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Splendid units there Richard and good to see a company allowing one to buy individual figures, something that Pendraken have been doing for years:)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve. It is nice to be able to buy what you need without unwanted extras.

      Delete
  7. Excellent looking additions to your FPW force!
    Best Iain caveadsum1471

    ReplyDelete