Sunday, August 21, 2022

2mm Medieval Buildings

I made a village!

Well... with some newly painted 2mm buildings from Brigade Models.

Don't look too closely.  Brigade's website shows them off much better.

I will use these with my 2mm French Wars of Religion and 6mm collections (I usually like my buildings one scale down from the figures).






And a couple for those that like to compare scales.

The units behind are Baccus 6mm Seven Years War Austrian with 15mm Essex Franco-Prussian War French.  In the foreground is a Huguenot pike and shot unit.  Apologies for the blurred shots.



I like the models.  Especially as a number of them seemed to be modelled on buildings in my home town.

Off to prep the buildings on the table, including some farms and churches.



10 comments:

  1. Nice work Richard...personally, I guess I could live with the 6mm troops but the 15mm are too big for these building, to my eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. For the 15mm troops I generally use 10mm buildings. No one ever notices.

      Delete
  2. Nice work, Richard! I typically field towns "one-level down" as you do but it depends upon the ground scale of the game. The 6mm figures among 2mm towns works for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan. Agreed, it does depend on the ground scale. I just towns and villages to look like towns and villages. Not single buildings. It's a preference driven by aesthetics.

      Delete
  3. They look great Richard. I think playing one scale down is a great idea to keep ground scale consistent. We normally field the same scale and go to the extent of measuring how many Napoleonic troops can occupy a building's frontage which is a bit out of scale, but it works as a game mechanic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lawrence. You make a good point about troop occupation. Similarly, I take the ground area of a town/village and work on how many troops could occupy that area. Scale, in whatever dimension, is full of compromises and even suspension of belief.

      Delete
  4. The buildings look excellent Richard, the 2mm figures look really good and fit the building perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nicely done Richard. Battlescale have started producing some 3mm buildings, given that there is increasing interest in the one size down route for BUA's compared to figures.

    ReplyDelete