Friday, October 18, 2024

A Painted Whimsy - A Medieval Tent

 At the Broadside show earlier this year I engaged in what can only be called impulse buying.  I was at the stand of Debris of War admiring some of their wares when my eye was caught by 28mm tents.  Yes tents!

There were a couple that took my eye.  They only had one in stock.  So, one is all I bought.  Why?  I just fancied a change and something that had nothing to do with any of my projects or collections.  This medieval tent fitted the bill. You can find this here.

One of the models that drew my attention.
Image courtesy of Debris of War

Having bought it, I then painted it.

And here it is.  Enjoy.


I decided to keep the paintwork simple and go for something French.  Hence the blue with fleurs de lis.


It painted up really nicely.  My original thinking was the paint the tent cords a golden yellow.  However, I decided that painted cords would make the finish too "fussy" and left them.


Having long ago sold on my 28mm 100 Years War collection, I have no period figures to place with the tent.  However, a handy Lego knight just about fits the bill.


The knight looks unreasonably happy.  One can only wonder at what he is guarding in the tent.

A thoroughly enjoyable distraction that I will probably never have on a wargaming table.


8 comments:

  1. It looks great Richard, shame you won't have an opportunity to use it in a game.....perhaps you should consider a new 28mm project 😀 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keith, I was going to suggest Richard send it on to me! Oh, but I would need two...

      Delete
  2. That looks really great, now you have to paint some armies to match it.. maybe just a skirmish?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done Richard. This is the sort of spark that gives rise to new projects. Are you now tempted to repurchase some 100 Years War figures to go with it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice diversion! Your tent impulse turned out great! You should indulge these impulses more often, I reckon.

    ReplyDelete

Most Popular Posts