Well... strictly speaking I've made a breach.
 |
| Siege of Orléans in 1428 (Vigiles de Charles VII, 15th century) - Public Domain |
Following a play test of my siege rules using my 2mm buildings and troops (see
Testing Siege Rules), I decided to make some breaches instead of just removing walls. So, this short post is just that!
 |
| A wall section in the raw! |
 |
| They are very easy to take a hacksaw to, and cut crisply. A sharp Stanley knife was then applied. |
 |
| Grit and sand is then applied. Then undercoated in black. |
 |
| The rest is all just dry brushing - a darkish raw umber/white mix then sky grey and finally wraithbone (a kind of bone colour - off white). |
 |
| A breached section in the middle of a curtain wall. |
I just have to paint some siege towers that I received through the post yesterday. They shouldn't take long... they're 2mm scale for heavens sake!
All models are produced by Brigade Models.
Nice work! Conquering a project begins with a small breach.
ReplyDeleteGosh, you got this post quickly. I've just published it minutes ago.
DeleteThey look excellent Richard. Not much defence behind those walls now, especially if attacked by the giant bellman and archers like those in the period painting that you showed us! :)
ReplyDeleteBest wishes, James